top of page

New Vehicle Registration and Transfers



To register all new or used vehicles and trailers or to obtain an inspection request, the following is required:


  • Proof of ownership, such as an original signed bill of sale or a copy of a lease agreement

  • Proof of valid Alberta insurance 'pink card', (not required when registering a trailer)

  • Acceptable Identification

  • New vehicles require the original new vehicle information statement (NVIS) which the dealer must provide

  • Vehicles imported into Canada require a Vehicle Import Form obtained from Transport Canada

  • An inspection certificate from Alberta Transportation is required for all first time Alberta registrations of used vehicles (and used vehicles returning to Alberta that were last registered in another jurisdiction)

  • The vehicle must be physically in Alberta

  • Letter of authorization if someone is acting on your behalf.

bottom of page