top of page



To move an unregistered vehicle from one location to another in Canada you may use an In-transit permit.

You are required provide proof of ownership, proof of valid insurance, and a description of the vehicle including the make, year and serial number. The duration of the trip from one location to the other determines how long the permit will be issued for. This permit is valid for a maximum of 7 days. Permits are not valid outside of Canada.

When a vehicle is being moved within Alberta only insurance and identification are required and can be issued for a maximum of 3 days only.

bottom of page